Electric HydroPulse industrial
industrial Electric HydroPulse (EHPi) from BETE is a high precision spray nozzle. The nozzle has an integrated electrically actuated valve within the nozzle body. As this is very close to the spray orifice it allows the EHPi to be cycled
on and off up to 50 times per second. This allows for pulse width modulation meaning the amount of spray being delivered can be varied without changing fluid pressure.
The EHPi is an industrial variant of the EHP nozzle. This nozzle is designed for non-hygienic spray applications. It can operate at higher pressures than the hygienic variant. This nozzle should be considered whenever high precision spraying is required
in non-hygienic applications such as in the spraying of engineered wood and other manufacturing processes.
- Uses a 24DC electrical power
- Cycles on and off up to 50 times per second
- Uses standard BJ, BJH or CW spray tips
- Pulse width modulation for controlling dosing
- Up to 20 bar fluid pressure
- 3.8 l/minute max flow rate
Flow rates and spray types
Both flat fan and full cone spray patterns are available from EHP nozzles. Standard flat fan tips and full cone tips can be used. However, the flow rates can be reduced using pulse width modulation allowing for a greater range of flows. This also allows
for the same nozzle tip to be used for different spraying duties, whilst maintaining a constant fluid pressure.
Example applications in the production of engineered wood
The precise control of flow rates and the timing of spraying means there are many applications for these nozzles across a wide variety of manufacturing processes. One example industry where they are used extensively is in the production of engineered wood.
Common uses include:
• Apply PMDI or LPF resin in the blender
• Apply slack wax, tallow wax or e-wax in the blender
• Add surface moisture before pressing boards
• Apply mixed release agent on mats, cauls, or
press belts when using PMDI resins
• Mark nail lines on oriented strand board (OSB)
When combined with a suitable control system such as our FlexFlow control panel, electrically actuated nozzles can deliver many benefits to a wide variety of manufacturing processes. Essentially they allow for variable spray duties to be achieved through
a single set of nozzles and precision spray timing means the spray is delivered only when needed. This reduces waste and improves accuracy, ultimately reducing production costs and improving product quality.
• Ensure precise application and
• Integrate tonnage or line speed to maintain uniform coverage when variables change
• Reduce the use of expensive resins, waxes or release agents by applying the exact volume required
• Apply the optimal amount
of surface moisture to increase production by decreasing time in the press
• Confidently transition to running full polymeric MDI products with non-stick press protection
• Eliminate compressed air from most pre-press and wax operations